If you would like to add your property to the PFO Location Database for consideration in scouting and use for local film and television projects, you can either:
Email your contact information, address, and property photos to [email protected] for our office staff to create a profile on your behalf.
In order to update an existing location database profile, sign into Location Pro with your registered email address and click here.
If you need assistance, please contact [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in listing your property in our film location database!
Before submitting your location, please take the time to review the following guidelines for the Pittsburgh Film Office location database:
- You must be the property owner or have the property owner’s permission to list the property.
- Submit enough photos to give a good overview of your property:
- From the street
- 10 – 20 photos are ideal. We reserve the right to select the best group among the submitted photos and delete those which are redundant or of poor quality.
- Describe your property:
- write a descriptive title such as “1950 mid-century modern”
- square footage
- architectural style
- year built
- number and types of rooms
- special features
- and more…
- Photograph WIDE and from multiple angles.
- Professional photos are not required, but dark, old, or poorly focused photos will not be accepted, nor will those that are too small or low-resolution.
- Make sure images are properly rotated before submission.
- Do not include photos taken in inclement weather (snow, fog, rain, etc.).
- Do not submit video clips, screen captures, or brochures.
- Do not submit properties that are or will soon be for sale.
- Do not submit properties that are or will soon be in the process of being remodeled.
Note required photo sizes below. Low-resolution (small file size) photos will not be accepted.
- 150 dpi or higher
- Recommended file size between 1MB – 3 MB (maximum file size: 10MB)
- JPEG compression = 12 good quality
- 1680 X 1054 resolution (or higher) for large size web browsing
- Physical photo size: 8.5″ X 11″
- Name of photographer for photo credit
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How will I know if the submission went through?
A: You will receive an automated confirmation e-mail. Locations may take time for staff review due to heavy submission volume. If you do not see your location listed, it is either in the queue or has not been approved.
Q: How long will it be before I hear from a production company?
A: It depends on what is being filmed and the location needs. Someone from the production company will contact you when they are interested in your property. This could be days, weeks, years and possibly never.
Q: How can I verify that a location request is legitimate?
A: Please contact us at 412-261-2744 or [email protected]
Q: How much should I charge for use of my property, and what should I know before my property is used for a film project?
A: Please view our location filming guide at: https://pghfilm.org/f-a-q/property-starring-role/